Overview of?Exploring Creation with Mathematics, Level 2
Exploring Creation with Mathematics,?Level 2, is a new homeschool math curriculum from award-winning Apologia. This course is for second grade.
This product is for the spiral-bound All-in-One Student Text and Workbook.
The homeschool math curriculum you use in the elementary grades will set the tone for your child?s math experience for years to come. Math is not a series of abstract symbols to be memorized but rather a communication tool to be mastered to discover the mysteries of Creation. Just as we communicate our thoughts and feelings with the 26 symbols of our alphabet, mathematical symbols expand on our knowledge of our world and our unique place within it.
Parents love this curriculum:
?We have really enjoyed this curriculum! Easy to use and prep for! Such a natural approach to math! I have tried so many 1st-grade math curricula. This one is my favorite.? ? A Homeschool Mom
?This curriculum (Exploring Creation with Mathematics) is the perfect balance of practice problems and hands-on activities. My daughter has loved all the games. I highly recommend!? ? Homeschooling Mom
Exploring Creation with Mathematics,?Level 2, All-in-One Student Text and Workbook
This course is a rich introduction to elementary math. Level 2 covers adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers, telling time, manipulating money, and learning more about measurement, data collection, and geometry, including 3D shapes. Hands-on activities are designed to complement each new lesson and keep math fun and engaging. The homeschool math curriculum you use in the elementary grades will set the tone for your child?s math experience for years to come.
The?Exploring Creation with Mathematics?series utilizes a mastery approach with lots of review. The author, Kathryn Gomes, connects the topics using a built-in review with the skills practice sections. Hands-on projects introduce and reinforce concepts in a deeper way.
The author moves through the material following a specific progression and 4-step approach. Each lesson utilizes problems and projects and begins with a tangible presentation, then moves through a pictorial presentation of the concept, followed by an abstract presentation, and finishes with an application activity. The projects apply math to the student?s life to foster an appreciation for math and help them look forward to doing math every day.
Inside this course you will find:
- Seeing Our Creator devotionals at the beginning of each unit connect the math concepts your child will learn to God and His creation
- A suggested daily schedule, with thoughtful pacing through concepts that reflect a systematic progression from one skill to the next, is most important for eliminating frustration
- Plenty of skills practice, including fresh and exciting easy-to-set-up games to help ensure that your child is prepared for the next level of math concepts introduced
- Hands-on activities, games, and projects using the provided activity sheets and everyday household products give your child tangible connections to the abstract concepts learned
- Colorful and age-appropriate lesson layouts and page design make learning more inviting for your student
- Options and suggestions for adjusting a lesson if your child is struggling or if your child is advancing quickly through the material are provided
- Supply lists, answers to the problems, teaching tips, and suggestions for taking an activity further are also given